enola1@yahoo.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Lace, Pastels, and Botched Benevolence


    I remember the first time I heard the term abortion. I was 12 or 13 years old and I was spending time in a psychiatric facility. There was a 6-year-old girl who was raped by her dad or brother(I can't remember exactly) and was shocked to hear about this girl being pregnant! How can a 6-year-old be pregnant? Well, I got my period when I was 9 so instantly, I had answered my own question. However, the shock of knowing a child that young was even capable of getting pregnant; what a cruel and cumbersome act of perversion nature has thrust upon this repulsively young lady.

    The children's ward in psychiatric hospitals is often dumping grounds for parents who either don't want or don't know how to deal with their children. Apparently, her mother blamed her and sent her to the facility. I was listening to a conversation her and an older patient in her teens(who acted like her mother) were having. The baby woman said and I quote, "They gave me an abortion." As a remarkably sheltered preteen, I had no established knowledge to define the term.

    Now as an adult, I hear intense debates and discussions regularly. I see people passionately protest with gnarly photos of babies dismembered and bloodied. The only thing that comes to mind is, this is what we do to each other. We tear each other down and rip each other apart, until theirs nothing left but brokenness; unleashing the tribal primitive beast within. Then, we wrap up the ugliness in delicate lace. We paint reality with pretty pastels so that we don't have to face our botched benevolence.

    As human beings, we need each other. We all want to be understood; to feel like we matter. Unfortunately, humans beings are naturally self-serving. Our emotions compel us to justify the way we hurt others as acts of righteousness. Serving only our morals and therefore ourselves, because the one thing that people really care about the most is pretending to care.

Knowledge is power!
Want to know more about abortions and how they work? Click here!
Risks and side effects of abortion
Do abortions hurt? Find out here!



No comments:

Post a Comment